The runs will start and finish at the historic 11th century Castle Grounds, and the races themselves will take you around the beautiful footpaths and trails of Deddington and Clifton. The courses for both races have been carefully planned to be almost entirely off-road, mostly running through lovely countryside on four local farms.
At the Castle Grounds – there will be a barbecue, licensed bar, cake stalls, popcorn, loads of activities for kids and plenty of space to relax with a refreshing drink and something to eat at the end of the race.
We would not be able to stage this event without the support of a large number of people and organisations. Our sincere thanks go to:
- Our ‘Four Farms’ – Leadenporch Farm, Home Farm, Appletree Farm and Manor Farm.
- Deddington Primary School for parking
- Deddington Parish Council, English Heritage and the Friends of the Castle Grounds for letting us use the Castle Grounds.
- Liggins Thomas and NFU Mutual for the parking spaces.
- The Deddington Fire Service for providing First Aid cover
- Dr Catherine Rose for agreeing to be our event doctor
- Hook Norton Harriers for loan of race day equipment.
- Brian Butler, Never Second Sports Events for the loan of race day equipment.
- Jo Watt for website design and development
- Our race sponsors...UK Sports Warehouse, Hook Norton Veterinary Group, Cox's Garage, County Insurance, A-Plan Insurance, RC Spencer Building Contractors, Freeths Solicitors, SKR Lighting and Ascot Structures.